I had such an incredible reading month, you guys. I was on fire! I read 22 books and most of them were pretty fantastic! I’ve been working my way through the books I have in my bedroom so I can free up some space on my shelves. I’m happy to say I’ve been pretty successful so far. On top of that, most of the books I’ve read this month has been 4 and 5-star reads, so bonus! I did DNF one book this month, sadly but I think, overall, it’s been a great streak.
READ THIS MONTH
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff – 5 Stars
- Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo – 5 Stars
- Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil by Melina Marchetta – 5 Stars
- All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood – 5 Stars
- Lucky Boy by Shanthi Sekaran – 4 Stars
- When Friendship Followed Me Home by Paul Griffin – 5 Stars
- First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen – 5 Stars
- Written in Red by Anne Bishop – 5 Stars (Reread)
- Scythe by Neal Shusterman – 5 Stars
- The Cursed Queen by Sarah Fine – DNF
- At the Edge of the Universe by Shaun David Hutchinson – 4 Stars
- This is Water by David Foster Wallace – 5 Stars
- Blood Vow by JR Ward – 4 Stars
- By Your Side by Kasie West – 2 Stars
- Close Enough to Touch by Colleen Oakley – 5 Stars
- Etched in Bone by Anne Bishop – 4 Stars
- The Girl Before by JP Delaney – 5 Stars
- Ronit & Jamil by Pamela Laskin – 3 Stars
- I See You by Clare Macintosh – 4 Stars
- Seven Days of You by Cecilia Vinesse – 3 Stars
- Oryx & Crake by Margaret Atwood – 4 Stars
- Act Like It by Lucy Parker – 4 Stars
Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil by Melina Marchetta
All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood
When Friendship Followed Me Home by Paul Griffin
By Your Side by Kasie West was a huge letdown. Admittedly, I think this is where I part ways with her books. I don’t think I have the stomach for it anymore. This one, in particular, was a cheese smorgasbord at your favorite buffet restaurant.
Magical realism isn’t my cup of tea, so I was wholly surprised by how much I loved First Frost by Sarah Addison Allen. Also, I read quite a few fantasy reads this month. That, in itself, is a surprise. Even more so when I quite enjoyed them! There’s hope for me yet. 😀
READ THIS, YO.
This is Water by David Foster Wallace.
I hope y’all had a blessed, wonderful month!