Another month has gone by so it’s time again for a monthly TBR check in. When I started these posts, I was sure that it will help me get a better handle on the out of control accumulation of books in my house. But I’m now resolved to the fact that the mountain is always going to be bigger than me and that I can never defeat it. Nowadays, I do these posts because I can at least gauge how much harder I have to work at ticking off all the books I’ve gotten for reviews.
Admittedly, this month was not a good month for getting through books that publishers have sent me. But the best thing about August is that I was able to get one book off my bucket list – which is Game of Thrones. I don’t know if I’ll ever write a review for this door stopper because I probably won’t have anything new to offer. What else is there to be said?
I read 14 books this month, which is a good number from my perspective. I’m still ahead on my Goodreads goal but is still down from last year’s numbers.
Easily, my favourite read this month is Sting by Sandra Brown. I’ve always loved her books, but I was so hooked on Sting. It had a great mystery, thrilling suspense, and a sexy romance. Everything I’ve come to love about Sandra’s books only amplified a hundred times. No joke.
My most disappointing read for this month was The Scorpion Rules (review to come).
I never realized how insane August had been for book hauls. My. God. At the end of the day, I added 27 more books to the pile after reading 14. I want to weep.
- Angel of Oblivion by Maja Haderlap
- The Gauntlet/Amma’s Voice Chapter Samplers from Salaam Reads
- The Spawning Ground by Gail Anderson-Dargatz
- Nutshell by Ian McEwan
- The Swan Riders by Erin Bow
- The Cursed Queen by Sarah Fine
- Scythe by Neal Shusterman
- Curious Minds by Janet Evanovich
- Everything You Want Me To Be by Mindy Mejia
- Little Heaven by Nick Cutter
- Never Too Late by Robyn Carr
- Not Even For Love by Sandra Brown
- Carolina Moon by Nora Roberts
- Divided in Death by JD Robb
- Three Fates by Nora Roberts
- Manners & Mutiny by Gail Carriger
- The Mystery Woman by Amanda Quick
- Dark Predator by Christine Feehan
- N-W by Zadie Smith
- The Average American Male by Chad Kultgen
- Whore by Nelly Arcan
- A Spell of Winter by Helen Dunmore
- When Friendship Followed Me Home by Paul Griffin
- A World Without You by Beth Revis
- The Sunlight Pilgrims by Jenni Fagan
- Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave
- Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty
- Sleeping Giants by Sylvain Neuvel
- Sting by Sandra Brown
- Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
- All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood
- A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin
- Thief of Lies by Brenda Drake
- Vicarious by Paula Stokes
- P.S. I Like You by Kasie West
- It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover
- The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
- The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
- The Scorpion Rules
- Blow by Heidi Mclaughlin
- The Farther He Runs by Lynda Aicher
Tell me I’m not the only one with this problem, y’all. Tell me I’m not the only one who thinks this is normal.