Hi. My name is Joy and I’m an Instagram addict.
- If you ever feel like you’re posting too much on Instagram, DON’T. It’s your account. If your followers feel like you over-post, all they have to do is hit the UNFOLLOW button.
- Those filters are your friends. Use them. But never use the hashtag “no filter” if you’ve filtered the shit out of your selfie. There is a way for your followers to call on your bullshit.
- Remember when you have to upload your picture in an app that resize your photo to square? Well, Instagram finally listened! Yay, for landscape attribute!
- DO NOT USE FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY when you’re taking a picture of food porn. It doesn’t make the food look all that appetizing. If the restaurant is too dark, that’s a sign that you shouldn’t be wasting some quality time with your loved ones by doing close up shots of your food.
- One sure way of getting people to follow you? LIKE, LIKE, LIKE. Yeah. But be honest. Don’t like the picture because you’re looking to score brownie points. Like the pictures because you like them.
Joy’s Guidelines to following an account.
- Do I know you from somewhere? You look kinda familiar. Oh yes! You visit my blog from time to time, right? And remember when we fangirled over that book? Yes! Yes! I know you. So yeah. *clicks follow button*
- God. Why are your pictures so perfect?! When I grow up, I want to be like you. Sigh. Yeah, I’m jealous, but heck… *clicks follow button*
- You live where?! Finland? Norway? India? China? Australia? Sweden? OMG. I’ve always wanted to visit your country! *clicks follow button*
- Roses are red. Violets are blue. Your words are porn. I think I like you. *clicks follow button*