In the spirit of full disclosure, I suck. Like, seriously. I suck. Lol. Can you believe I had another photo session with Stand-Off and After the Red Rain again this weekend? It had me thinking about how these posts can sometimes be counter-productive. For the most part, it gives me a much needed motivation for the week. It also acts as a reminder for those review books that I’d planned to read, but didn’t get to. But other times, it also reminds me how un-fun it is to schedule my reads. So yeah, it works and it doesn’t.
August was a complete fail for my On the Night Table posts. There were several books that I didn’t get to because I got distracted by other books. Hopefully, September will be a better month.
Speaking of August, here are the books I read this past month:
- The Closer You Come [The Original Heartbreakers, #1] by Gena Showalter
- The One You Want [The Original Heartbreakers, #0.5] by Gena Showalter
- The Hotter You Burn [The Original Heartbreakers, #2] by Gena Showalter
- I Saw a Man by Owen Sheers
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
- Villa America by Liza Klaussmann
- Death and the Girl Next Door [Darklight, #1] by Darynda Jones
- Long Change by Don Gillmor
- Who Do You Love by Jennifer Weiner
- The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
- The One Thing by Marci Lyn Curtis
- Kommandant’s Girl by Pam Jenoff
- Amplified by Tara Kelly
- All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- Friction by Sandra Brown
- Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines
- The Alibi by Sandra Brown
- Winger by Andrew Smith
- Standoff by Sandra Brown
- Chasing River [Burying Water, #3] by KA Tucker
It’d been a pretty fantastic month, otherwise. I hit my Goodreads goal; I’ve got some posts lined up, and I’m motivated to try and beat my 2014 Goodreads Challenge total of 188. I think I’m on pace, anyway.
Most Coveted Books in September:
How was your August?