I don’t usually do these type of things, but I couldn’t possibly say no to Amir of The Not-So-Literary Heiresses. So without further ado, here are some honest answers to some burning questions.
What are your top 3 book pet peeves?
• LOVE TRIANGLES • The most ridiculous romantic arch ever. It’s not love when you find yourself thinking of another person, while you’re WITH another person. Okay? Bitch please.
• ASSHOLES AND DICKS • So tired of this. Why would you want to be with someone treats you like the dirt at the bottom of a scum’s shoe? You know what else I hate? When you claim he’s treating you that way for your own good, for your own protection. Bitch please.
• NOPE, YEP, POPPING THE ‘P’, LETTING OUT THE BREATH YOU DIDN’T KNOW YOU WERE HOLDING. Writing out sound effects. Brrrrrrringgggg. • As if the readers don’t know what a ringing telephone sounds like. Bitch please.
Only three? Are you sure? Because I can go on and on and on…
Describe your perfect reading spot.
I can read anywhere and everywhere, but this one at the cabin is my favourite spot.
Tell us three book confessions.
• My Kindle is full of smutty books. *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*
• I once flew to Vancouver for a day to get my books signed by Kelley Armstrong, Margaret Stohl and company. Like I got there at 11 am, went straight to the bookstore, saw the authors, flew back the same day.
• And this:
There’s like, two-container full of these books in my basement. Yep. I have an obsessive personality. So when I like an author, I go nuts.
When was the last time you cried over a book?
This was me a couple of days ago. When I got declined to read Prototype by M.D. Waters on Edelweiss. I cried. Seriously, cried.
How many books are on your bedside table?
I swear there’s a table underneath all those books. Or maybe, my books are holding up that table…
What is favourite snack whilst reading a book?
I don’t usually snack; I drink iced coffee. I’m addicted to McDonald’s Iced Caramel Coffee. 🙂
Name three books you would recommend to everyone.
• On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta •
• Me Before You by Jojo Moyes •
• Archetype by M.D. Waters •
Show us a picture of your favourite shelf in your bookshelf.
This is my FAVOURITES shelf, with my favourite non-bookish accessory (my son). In here, you will find my Black Dagger Brotherhood hardback collection, multiple and signed copies of Melina Marchetta’s books, Mortal Instruments hardcopies all of which were signed by Cassandra Clare. Sorry if you can’t see most of the books. That pesky non-bookish accessory is blocking the view. Lol.
Write how much books mean to you in three words:
Like breathing air.
What is your biggest reading secret?
I fear…oblivion. I fear it like the proverbial blind man who’s afraid of the dark.
I don’t read enough books that’s supposed to enrich my life. I will never live long enough to read all my books, and one day, when my family’s had had enough, they will leave me. Then years later, they will find me buried underneath all the piles of Young Adult books that I never got to read. I guess it’s more of a fear than a secret.
I secretly love my Kindle, but will never admit it to anyone. Well, I guess, now I did.
Thanks, Amir for the fun tag! Now you know my deepest, darkest secrets. 😉
Now, I’m tagging: