Okay. Here’s the thing. I see the Goodreads reviews on these books and I’m thinking to myself, what in the world am I missing?! Everyone. EVERY freaking ONE love these books. I’ve read the first one and thought it was written by a very talented…thirteen year-old. Sorry. Sorry. So why then, did I buy the next four books? Well, I wanted to give it another go, I guess. But when the second book failed to capture my interest, I flounced on it about a chapter in.
I wrote a review on it on Goodreads but it magically disappeared. I can’t remember what I said but here’s the gist:
- You may think the heroine is all, girl-power but really she’s not. How in the world can this girl just up and help a stranger bring a ginormous tiger home is beyond me. Not to mention she was going to the other side of the world! And in any case, all that girl-power evaporated just as soon as the boys were introduced.
- It’s Kelsey’s juvenile voice that irked me when I first read it. That’s why I mentioned that I thought this was written by a teen, albeit a talented one. She’s supposed to be eighteen but man, she sounds so…NOT eighteen.
- I was bored. Seriously. To tears.
- I bet you’re wondering how in the world did I manage to get all four of the books, huh? Well, that’s between me and my therapist. Yes, I have a problem.
But hey, these books need some love. And I can’t give it. So how about it? Would you give Ren, Kelsey and the other guy (sorry, can’t remember his name) a good home? Enter below:
- Entrants must be 13 years of age to enter.
- Winner will be notified via email and will have 24 hours to respond or another will be drawn.
- Host will not be responsible for lost or damages during shipment.
- Good luck!!!