Hello, lovely readers!
How was your August?
Mine was a whirlwind, it seems like. I kept to my average number for the month, which is 20-23 books – this, however, does not help my goal of reaching 300 books read for the year. There are also 4 books among those that are novellas and 2 that are DNFs. I now know the feasible magic number, so by 2013, I’ll try to make it more realistic (230 – 250).
I seemed to have gluttoned on Erotica last month which concerns me a whole lot; because a) it shows that my inner perviness cannot be contained, and b) I keep finding myself at the Erotica section of my bookstore. Sicko. I’m contemplating on starting a sister blog, which would cater to mature readers but I’m busy enough as it is. I need to think this through, otherwise, it’ll be another abandoned project. Seriously though, the books on my shelves are mostly rated G and so, while I’m chiseling away at the number of books that I’m behind on (16 on the last count) by reading fast, smutty reads, my TBR pile isn’t getting smaller.
I also noticed that I’m reading faster on Kindle now rather than with physical copies of books, which should have been good news on the whole lack of space dilemma but it’s actually not. I end up downloading books then buying a paperback or a hardback copy. Oy. I have now invaded my kitchen bookshelf and my husband’s tv shelf space. But. I figure if my books still look somewhat organized then I’m good…oh hush! That’s how I sleep at night. Sue me.
|Ah no. These ain’t cookbooks.|
|What? He can STILL see the screen, yeah? Don’t look at me like that.|
Anyway, here are the books I’ve read and reviewed for the month of August:
- Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas
- Swear [Swoon #2] by Nina Malkin
- Rainshadow Road [Friday Harbor #2] by Lisa Kleypas
- Take it Like a Vamp by Candace Haven
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
- Chosen [Chosen #1] by Denise Grover Swank
- Inbetween by Tara Fuller
- Wicked Ties [Wicked Lovers #1] by Shayla Black
- Rift by Andrea Cremer
- Decadent [Wicked Lovers #2] by Shayla Black
- While It Lasts [Sea Breeze #3] by Abbi Glines
- The Waiting Sky by Lara Zielen
- Delicious [Wicked Lovers #3] by Shayla Black
- Surrender To Me [Wicked Lovers #4] by Shayla Black
- Belong To Me [Wicked Lovers #5] by Shayla Black
- Mine To Hold [Wicked Lovers #6] by Shayla Black
- The Infects by Sean Beaudoin (September review)
18. False Start by Jayne Chapel 4/5 Stars
19. Get What You Need by Jayne Chapel 4/5 Stars
20. Maritime Men by Jayne Chapel 4/5 Stars
21. Anchors Aweigh by Jayne Chapel 4/5 Stars
22. I Am Alive by Cameron Jace 1/5
23. The Wild Ones by M. Leighton 1/5
Average rating for August: 3.93 out of 5.00 Stars
Recommended Reads from August: Friday Harbour series by Lisa Kleypas, Rift by Andrea Cremer.
Links for these reviews are available in my 2012 Reviewed Books Page.
I don’t have any winners to announce as contests are still going on. My blog anniversary contest ends in six days and as well, my Sea Breeze Trilogy by Abbi Glines right around that time. So, when you have a moment, go and enter!
I am, however, going to keep it at four tours a month, max.
September 4 – In a Fix by Linda Grimes (Shelf Envy and Review).
September 13 – Book of the Night by Pearl North (Shelf Envy and Review)
September 23 – Crimson Rising (Skyship Academy #2) by Nick James (Shelf Envy and Review)
September 30 – Immortal Surrender by Clair Ashgrove (Shelf Envy and Review)
I’m super excited to host these authors!
As for giveaways, I have two in September so far – both FIVE STAR REVIEWS! The Infects by Sean Beaudoin and Personal Effects by EM Kokie. I’m working on purging my bookshelves and looking at some series that I have flounced on or books that I think would benefit from good owners.
Shelf Envy is proving to be a successful feature here on the blog judging from the hits it’s been getting so far. And remember that you don’t have to be a blogger or an author to be a guest. I welcome EVERYONE who wants to boast a little or brag a lot about their bookshelves! Just send me an email here: topee3atgmaildotcom.
That’s it, that’s all, folks. I hope your August was fantastic and here’s to a fruitful September!