Uneventful July over here at Joyousreads. Even the book reviewing seemed to have taken a lull. I’ve been on vacation for a couple of weeks and I thought for sure I’d be able to catch up on reading but sadly, it’s not working out. Being in the cabin should’ve been conducive to reading but apparently, the fresh air and the quietness of the surroundings just makes me want to nap, nap, nap. Lol. I did bring a whole slew of books to read and had planned on finishing one a day but the kiddies and the husband has other plans as they drag me outside to walk and enjoy nature [scoffs].
Anyway here are the books that were reviewed on the blog for the month of July:
- Giving Chase [Chase Brothers #1] by Lauren Dane
- So Close to You by Rachel Carter
- Waiting by Carol Lynch Williams
- Tess of D’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
- Fan Girl by Angel Lawson (Review to Come)
- Personal Effects by E.M. Kokie (Review to be posted in September)
- Here by Denise Grover Swank
- Taking Chase [Chase Brothers #2] by Lauren Dane
- I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga
- Heaven and Hell by Kristen Ashley
- Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
- Morningstar by Darcy Town
- Try Me by Olivia Cunning (Brief review on Goodreads)
- Infamous [Chronicles of Nick #3] by Sherrilyn Kenyon
- On the Island by Tracy Garvis Graves
- What Happens After Dark [DeKnight #2] by Jasmine Haynes
- The Prinicipal’s Office [DeKnight #3] by Jasmine Haynes
- The Syndicate by Shelena Shorts
- Breathe by Kristen Ashley (Review to be posted in August)
Links are available in my 2012 Reviewed Page.
Average Rating for July: 3.63 out of 5
Recommended Reads from July: On the Island by Tracy Garvis Graves and DeKnight series by Jasmine Haynes.
Looking ahead in August, the blog anniversary is coming up in FIVE freaking days! I’m kind of going nuts because I still haven’t figured out what to do. I waffled between going all out to NOT doing anything at all, that’s how extreme I’ve been feeling about this anniversary. Lol!
Anyway, thanks for sticking around. I love you all.