Welcome to my monthly recap.
May turned out to be a crazy busy month for me. But somehow, it didn’t feel like it. I know I’ve read more books than usual but didn’t post in-depth reviews on a lot of my reads this month.
I’ve discovered the work of Kristen Ashley , and oh boy, was I addicted, or what! I think I’ve read most of her novels in one week and she’s written several. Her books are good enough for escaping purposes. Her blue print for characters are pretty much the same and her writing leaves a lot to be desired. But trust me on this, once you read one, you’ll probably get addicted as well. That is, if you’re a fan of take-charge males, romance and smut…lots of smut.
All in all, I’ve read 23 (!) books this month and reviewed 13 of them. I suck. What a lazy blogger! I promise to do better in June. Twenty three books represent sleepless nights, ignored housework, and just plain ridiculousness. You know what kills me? According to Goodreads, I’m still 10 books off the pace for my goal of 300 books for the year. So not fair. But I’m not worried. I’ve got a couple of weeks vacation time in July so I plan to live and breathe books for those two glorious weeks! Well, here’s a breakdown of what I’ve read in May but just remember that I didn’t post a review for half of them. If you have any questions regarding these books, feel free to harrass me either on the comments or on Twitter (@joyousreads).
- Lady Luck by Kristen Ashley
- The Gamble by Kristen Ashley
- Thyla by Kate Gordon
- Mystery Man by Kristen Ashley
- Wild Man by Kristen Ashley
- Law Man by Kristen Ashley
- Dragonswood by Janet Lee Carey
- Knight by Kristen Ashley
- City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare
- Tempting the Best Man by J. Lynn
- Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown
- Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London
- Changeling by Philippa Gregory
- A Whole New Light by Sandra Brown
- Hemlock by Kathleen Peacock
- The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst
- Dark Eden by Patrick Carman
- Wanted by Heidi Ayarbe
- Motorcycle Man by Kristen Ashley
- Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
- Whisper by Chrissie Keighery
- Easy by Tammara Webber
- Penmort Castle by Kristen Ashley
Incidentally, there were two books that I didn’t finish as well: DARK COMPANION by Marta Acosta and SPECIAL FORCES: Soldiers Part I by Alexandr Voinov. Both books have some pretty disturbing scenes and themes that I couldn’t handle. I will be posting my reasons sometime this month.
There are two on-going giveaways on the blog at the moment: Wanted by Heidi Ayarbe and Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris. Check them out!
I think that’s about it for May. I have no plans for June and my self-imposed ban on requesting ARCs and E-galleys is still on-going. Don’t ask me why this is way easier than a book-buying ban. It just is.
How was your May?