Top Ten Tuesday
is an original feature/weekly meme created over at The Broke and the Bookish.
This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists and if I’m being honest, so am I! This week’s Top Ten precludes books that had been sitting on my shelves, UNREAD for longer than Edward Cullen has been alive – sort of. __________________________________________________________
1. Midnight Breed Series by Lara Adrian I have read books 1 and 2 but couldn’t continue. I think the books ring a bit like the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by JR Ward and I loved that series. For now, books 3 – 9 are collecting dust under my bedside table.
2. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
Once upon a time, I have this insatiable need to read all things gothic – especially from the Victorian period. The Tenant of Wildfell Hall was one of those books that I’d started and never got to finish. One of these days, I’d love to pick this up again.
3. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
I consider this book my kryptonite. I think I’m more scared to read this than Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma
. I have asked some friends for spoilers and I’m not going to lie, the prospects of skipping this and proceeding to read Silence is looking mighty good.
4. Gemma Doyle Series by Libba Bray
I have no clue what these books are about. But I always feel uncomfortable when I have an incomplete series in my shelves. The only exception to this rule are the series that I’ve given up on *mumbleshouseofnightmumbles*.
6. Anita Blake Series by Laurell Hamilton
Can you believe that books 1 – 11 of this series are still in the bookstore bag I bought them from? Yep. I have no clue what these books were about other than Anita being a vampire huntress. Perhaps, one of these days when I’m absolutely dire for something to read, I’ll pick up the first book and who knows? maybe I’ll even like them.
7. Shifters Series by Rachel Vincent
The crux of my addiction problem is that I tend to buy serial books and it drives me nuts when I don’t complete them. I have yet to read even the first of this series and yet I have all of them. I have a serious problem, I know.
8. The Blue Bloods Series by Melissa de la Cruz I was told this is one those series that I would like but I haven’t got around to reading them. I bought the boxed set and have continued to buy its new releases. I just have a bad feeling that I’m going to get burned and yet I can’t seem to stop buying…
9. Mercy Thompson Series by Patrica Briggs
I read the first book of this series and have yet to pick up the next one. Much like the serial books on my shelves, I never miss a new release for this one. I do like Mercy, I just haven’t got around to continuing on. One day…one day…
10. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
I’d need some serious arm strenght and super vision to get through this historical powerhouse. I can’t believe I was tempted to buy the entire series when I first saw them at the bookstore. Thank heavens I didn’t. I couldn’t even get through a couple of pages without nodding off. Judging by the glowing reviews, I have no doubt in my mind that this book is epic. I just couldn’t get into it.
What’s in your list?