So for 2012 I decided to plunge right into doing some challenges. This one particularly have caught my attention because I have an astronomical amount of Indie books that I’ve yet to get to. What better way to slowly plow through them than challenging myself? If you guys are interested, here are the guidelines:
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2012 – Dec 31, 2012.
- Anyone can join, you don’t need to be a blogger. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to sign-up in the comments. You can post reviews to any book site (i.e. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Goodreads, etc).
- Any genre, length or format of book counts, as long as it is self-published by the author.
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky, put the direct link to your post about joining the Self-Published Reading Challenge.
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2012, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- Sentence – 5 books
- Paragraph- 10 books
- Page – 25 books
- Chapter – 50 books
- Short Story – 75 books
- Novel – 100 books
- Series – 150 books
At the beginning of each month there will be a roundup post for you to add your reviews for that month. If you forget, feel free to add your reviews in the following month. Any reviews submitted will be entered into the draw for that month.
Yes, there will be draws every month for participants. As long as you are signed up below, every review you add to the monthly roundups will get one entry into the giveaway for that month.
There will also be a grand giveaway at the end of the year for eveyone who achieves their goal level (or higher). There may be different prizes for different levels, but that is not decided yet. If you are an author and want to contribute to the monthly or grand prizes, please contact me.
By the way, this is presented by Workadayreads.com and you can sign up by clicking this link!
I’ve decided to be conservative and to the Paragraph level.